sitepage"width="1024" height="569" hspace="0" vspace="40" border="0" align="absmiddle" usemap="#Map" />

The Girl ...
Tigi girl, 21.
Dedicated to Andrew Kalapaca & Steve Tcherkezian

Links:
Andrew at Toni & Guy
180 Bloor Street West
416-929-4997
Steve at www.verticalsinhair.com Other sites www.daymakermovement.com http://andrewkalapaca.com www.toniguy.com www.tigihaircare.com

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hello,
I know it has been quite some time since my last post, my other work has kept me super busy with little time to sleep let alone breath (that's at least how it feels) Anyways, tonight I wanted to do a little review on a product I recently tried...well maybe I'll do two reviews tonight, I feel reved up to do a lengthy post (as usual)
1st Product = Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream
"Super treatment provides intense moisturization for deep conditioning. It penetrates easily to soften, detangle and control frizz. " - Redken product description
I decided to pick up this product because I felt my hair could use a moisturizing treatment, and I wanted softer hair.
I tried the product and actually left it on for 15 minutes as the directions said "for extra dry hair" not that I thought I had extra dry hair, but I figured that it probably wouldn't do it any harm to leave it on that long......
Upon application: The smell of the product is not great...I have to admit that scent for me is important in a product, I often find that the scent of the products I use in my hair tend to stay in the hair for some time. So if I'm going to have my hair smell like a product I want it to smell good.
Another thing I noticed about the product is that it is a bit difficult to wash out of the hair, what i mean is that when you are rinsing the hair it does not seem to rinse off easily, you need a bit more time and effort to feel that you have removed it from your hair. Not a fan of that, but its not really a big bother. The one product I tried that I felt like I couldn't ever rinse of was L'oreal's Lisse Extreme, that was by far ridiculous, it took forever for me to feel that I had sufficiently rinsed the product out of my hair....and it had no scent.

After the treatment: I'll admit my hair felt softer and it was, I was super de-duper happy about that. Did it detangle...hmm...I'm not so sure about that, possibly because I didn't comb the product through my hair as the instructions said...but even if I did I would have been detangling it then, before the product started working. Did it control the frizz...really I don't know....I used Bedhead's Control Freak Serum (as always) as part of my normal hair routine. Would it really control the frizz? No, any product that you wash off your hair is not going to protect your hair from frizz....frizz is caused by moisture/humidity penetrating the hair which in turn causes it to swell (thus frizz) In order to prevent frizz, one needs a product that will retard moisture, or prevent it from seeping into the hair. Anti-frizz products usually use ingredients such as silicone that repel water/moisture.

My overall thought of the product: I like the product and have continued to use it, I love the fact that it makes my hair soft and it does make my hair more manageable and somewhat easier to straighten, my hair "listens" more. If you are in need of a good moisturizing treatment for your hair, say after a chemical service, then I definately recommend getting Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream, its worth it!

Product #2: Redken Extreme Anti-Snap
Okay I've tried this product, I wanted to see how well it worked on preventing split ends. Needless to say I was intrigued by this products claim
"leave-in treatment gently smooths the cuticle, reduces friction from brushing and helps fortify hair that's prone to breaking, splitting or snapping off. "
I honestly don't really know how well it works to "smooth the cuticle" especially when I heat style my hair with a blow-dryer and then a flat iron. I used it on my wet hair and as the instructions said I did not rinse it out.
Now in all honesty I did not think this product would do much because split ends cannot be cured by anything other than a haircut....and hair that is prone to splitting or snapping off because of a bad chemical service is not going to be fixed by this product. I felt that the product would slow the breakage/split ends.
Honestly that's a good way of thinking of it...it will NOT prevent split ends, breakage or wear on your hair, its just a product that slows the breakage and damage a bit.
I used the product and didn't really notice any difference,....however in order to be fair I did a little experiment....
I used the product regularily after a haircut to see if it would slow the appearance of split ends, and I'm pretty convinced that it didn't really make any difference to my hair, after all I heat style it. I think the product is a good temporary fix for hair that's prone to breaking...but really think its like a protectant, a bit of extra protection but wil not do anything but slightly slow the appearance of damaged hair. This may be a great alternative for people who have had a terrible chemical service. Say for example, if you had a botched TR service, yes I'd recommend the product because it can help slow the damage and save some of the hair...but for everyday purposes it isn't worth it.

I'm really thinking I should do more product reviews, after all I own a bag full of hair care products, from shampoo to styling aid's...yes, 99% are all TIGI products....I own two B&B products and two Redken products, and way to many to count TIGI products.....TIGI is in my opinion the best company out there for hair care products....Control Freak is the #1 product for anti-frizz (anti-reversion and style saver for those of us who straighten our hair and can't stand it when humidity steps on the scene) That's the one product I couldn't live without. Shine Junkie is another huge favourite (aren't all TIGI products?LOL) I love the shine that it gives my hair...I'm running out....oh well that will constitue another visit for more products...I need more Bedhead(TIGI) cosmetics too so that will be one shopping trip. By the way, anyone interested in Bedhead cosmetics, (owned by TIGI) please give it a try, they have the best mascara, Wigged Out, no clumps, no excess on the brush, the coolest and best shapped brush, never had problems with this mascara. Their liquid liner is really great too, love the handle! The products are wonderful, they won't cause you to break out and their powders/foundations/concealers are oil-free. Wonderful line...take a look at www.tigihaircare.com
Hope you all enjoyed my review...I'll be back more often, as the work load is coming to an end (thankfully and finally)
Have a great hair day always and remember
"It's your hair, who are you going to trust?"

Tigi Girl. e-mail me at tigi_girl@hotmail.com Archives |

|11:13 PM|